Thursday, September 2, 2010

expressionofthought






In honor of the Red Dress Gala slideshow I'm compiling for my sorority, those were a couple of photoshopped web images i created for it.

In my 9:30 a.m. consumer rights class, decorated with nodding heads, coffee administering medicinal wake-up remedies, and the whispering chatter of weekend commencement plans, I pretended to indulge in an informative lecture about the Better Business Bureau. As my thoughts drift from assorted project preparations, to my New York returning visit, and what kind of sandwich i would have for lunch, my eyes caught sight of a winter-holiday themed water bottle. The picture on the bottle was a cartoon sketching of a small quiet town in a clear, winter's night. The only sign of cartoon life was a silhouette of an impossibly proportioned woman walking her tiny dog through the snow in stilettos. My already wandering imagination lingered in this image and took me there, trying to envision that silhouette's penthouse apartment and her victorian decorated bedroom. Possibly her wealthy, happy husband, endowed with George Clooney-esque looks, waiting for her. I'm so weird. But there just is no way to contain or control these imaginative triumphs.


anyway. In just a few days I will be flying back to the homeland. Well, Manhattan. not really anyone's homeland. but definitely where the essence of me is unveiled. Since coming back to the mountains of western Virginia, I feel like I'm missing out on something. I feel as if I'm staying in on a Friday night, wondering what everyone else is doing, what's going on. I'm stuck in a sleepy college town while the rest of the world is preparing for fashion week and indulging in pop culture and divine lives in New York City. Although hardly the truth, it's definitely comforting to anticipate something on the other side of the classrooms and 10lb. textbooks.

Speaking of the other side. I am sporadically asked about my future's plans and although there are millions of options. I'm not sure I want any of them. I can't entertain the idea of living the ONE life I'm given working for anyone or doing something that renders me anything less than purely satisfied. we'll see.

I've also decided that i want 3 new best friends: an asian who smokes, one that drinks diet coke from a can with a straw, and one that can thoroughly enjoy driving around jamming to "Blues man" by B.B. King followed "I Hate This Part" by the Pussycat Dolls and casually back to some Led Zeppelin classics.
If I could find just one friend to encompass that all, I'd be happy about that too.

...
3 days..








No comments:

Post a Comment