Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yes, I am a pirate.

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
-Audrey Hepburn



And here I thought all the beauty, inspiration, and romantic spirit was left in New York...My college, excuse me, BEAUTIFUL college campus has subtly fed me appetizing and inspiring scenes of authentic fall beauty with sporadic notion. The view staring down as I part a path of leaves with my brown buckled boots, the sun falling slowly behind the horse barn and pastures by my house. Definitely a contrast to the cascading skyscrapers of New York or the sand-flavored winds that sprinkle glowing words like "Hilton" and "Wyndham" in Virginia Beach. Yet another world, and this has surprisingly left the thought-provoking hunger of my imagination satisfied.



School hasn't been too exciting, the second you think you're caught up, you realize how behind you actually are. I have been taking a lot of notice of the fact that I make noise when I walk. From my not-so-sterling stacked bracelets to the authoritative clicking of my boot's heel, I make noise. and the combination of this with my musically-induced strut through campus, I feel like I don't complete my days unnoticed, which I don't mind.

I spent one night of this past weekend going to my first sorority social this year, the second night in the fabulous Charlotte, NC and the third going out regularly. (Obviously in college, the weekend is comprised of three nights - thursday through saturday). Going to Charlotte brings me back to the real world. At the other end of my approximate 2.5 hour drive awaits civilization. College in a college town just doesn't seem like real-life when faced with the hustle of reality's stars in the business world and the economic players that enjoy evening strolls in uptown and quaint sunday brunches with friends and mimosas.


Home this coming weekend. I cannot wait. Whenever I have doubts about foregoing a weekend of lost thoughts and incomplete emotion that encompass a drunken college night, I can just picture the empty beach scene early morning and late evening and driving through the Atlantic Avenue streetlights while passing less than native palm trees and sand covered street corners.

and for the visual people...some photo fun i had with the life cycle of my flowers from the boyfriend :)












No comments:

Post a Comment