Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First post...

"Courage is acting when there is fear, not waiting until there isn't any"
- Walter Anderson


I started for my internship on Greene Street in Soho from my unair-conditioned dorm room on East 10th for the first time on June 7, twirling my string of pearls, head down, walking swiftly, trying to stay out of everyone's way in my new black ballet flats...

It didn't take but a week for me to become the overconfident intern strutting down Broadway with the sounds of La Roux and energy of Starbucks motivating me to step deliberately, 5 inches at a time.

I've enjoyed casual drinks on rooftops, meeting my fellow future kings and queens of The City at local bars and soaked up the serenity of the Hudson river on early morning runs. I can say that I've fallen in love with this place.
this blog is for me to share music, pictures, discoveries, and stories from my new home, New York City...

My first song to share isn't new but it's definitely helped me relax in this sleepless city... listen to simply drift away




a peaceful picture to enjoy as well..



1 comment:

  1. So nice to see New York through your eyes, Sarah! What an amazing experience this is for you - enjoy every second :)

    ReplyDelete