Friday, July 9, 2010

Who's that lady...

One thing I completely love about New Yorkers is there untouchable, unwavering confidence. They've always got somewhere to be, someone to see, or something to do. Always busy. Always important. I've found this to hold true from the attitude of the cat-calling trash-men to the blank stares behind the suits and blackberry conversations of the Wall Street men. The fashion filled streets of Soho are no exception. I walk mesmerized by the struts and silhouettes of New York's most fashionable, most likely feeding their egos by giving them the attention they want, and deserve for that matter.

These are the women I've been fighting with packaging tape and wielding a censor gun for, to send them their $1,000 Lanvin necklaces and $800 Alexander Wang bags. Oh a day in the life of the intern. One day I plan to be on the receiving end of orders like these.

As for my evening life, in a perfect Thursday night outing, a bunch of us took over the front of the stage at the Canal Room and danced, jumped, and sang the night away. We ventured to the dimly lit hideaway filled with twenty-somethings to explore what the open bar had to offer and enjoy a band I had been told is a must-see: Rubix Kube, an 80's tribute band. Phenomenal. I had no idea how much I loved the 80's...

here's a little something that's been stuck in my head all day and might help you get in the weekend mode..Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment